Your employees are drowning in the constant introduction of new systems to learn, master, and use on a daily basis. Frontline workers, especially, can’t be reasonably expected to access all the various systems required to access company information. It is not only outside their field of expertise, but also is usually exceptionally difficult to do via mobile. When your frontline employee experience is scattered and confusing, your customer experience suffers.
The modern digital workplace has done wonders to improve the way that people work. However, it is also inadvertently contributing to disengaged and unproductive employees. Scattered point solutions that house different information and accomplish different tasks make it difficult to keep up.
In this article, we will tackle how a centralized approach powered by an Employee SuperApp can help.
An Employee SuperApp is a mobile ‘app for all of your apps’. It unifies all the tools and resources an employee would need to access in their daily work life. Furthermore, it can be customized to accomplish the specific needs of each employee.
Improving Frontline Employee Experience With An Employee SuperApp
The average employee uses at least 13 different applications to perform their daily tasks. This is time-consuming and a massive productivity killer. It also directly correlates to disengaged employees and increased employee burnout.
With an Employee SuperApp, you can have all the necessary tools within a single platform. That means your employees can access what they need without having to switch between countless applications.
By consolidating all the tools an employee needs within an Employee SuperApp, you can reduce the noise and digital friction caused by having to navigate multiple apps. You can also make these systems quickly accessible for workers on the go, which vastly improves your frontline employee experience.
Here’s a microscope into what that could mean:
- Collaboration with team members on projects is effortless.
- Employees can easily manage their tasks and chime in when needed.
- Information can be accessed from anywhere and is searchable.
- Streamlined workflows and enhanced productivity.
- Connect with colleagues and share ideas & feedback.
- Training and onboarding resources are available from a central place.
- Improved employee engagement and satisfaction.
Whitepaper – Employee SuperApps
Want to eliminate information chaos and provide your workers with a unified employee experience?
In this whitepaper, we give a detailed breakdown of why Employee SuperApps are becoming increasingly popular among frontline organizations.
Understanding The Power Of A Unified Search
We’ve talked about how navigating dozens of employee apps can be a productivity killer for your organization. Now, let’s discuss a far more compelling business case for the power that unifying your apps can have.
Studies show that the average employee spends about 1.8 hours a day searching for information. That amounts to almost 9 hours of wasted time per week.
When this figure is multiplied across your workforce, the associated cost of lost productivity is astronomical.
An Employee SuperApp with a unified search functionality can completely eliminate these ‘time wasted costs’. Think about all of the different ways your employees could benefit from a single search bar.
Information that once required employees to comb through email, intranet, and other systems, is now all in the same place.
That means that all of your chats, files, groups, HR policies, training information, announcements, company news, and more are all accessible through a single search, even on mobile.
An Employee SuperApp can significantly improve your frontline employee experience. It does this by providing employees with a searchable platform for all their tools and resources.
4 Ways An Employee SuperApp Can Benefit The Frontline Employee Experience
#1: Increase Productivity & Efficiency
The first way an Employee SuperApp can help your frontline employee experience is by equipping employees with the tools they need. With a centralized system, you can save time and boost productivity.
Let’s take a look at a few ways an Employee SuperApp can increase productivity:
- Streamline workflows – Employees can easily access everything they need without having to switch between multiple applications.
- Unified search bar – Employees can search information across all integrated tools and applications. This means you don’t need to go through each individual platform and search for information manually. Think about all the time that’s wasted trying to locate a resource on email. Searching inside a central platform with a smarter search algorithm is far faster.
- Project management features – Employees can create and manage tasks, set deadlines, and track progress, all in one place. With a centralized platform for project management, employees can collaborate with team members, assign tasks, and stay in the loop.
- Real-time document collaboration – Employees can collaborate on documents and track changes in real-time. They no longer have to email or share documents back and forth. This eliminates having countless versions of a document—the one you are looking at is always the most recent.
- Eliminate digital friction – By having all of the tools employees need within one app, you save a massive amount of time on a daily basis for each employee.
Retail Chain Empowers Workforce With Employee SuperApp
Learn how the popular retail chain, AS Watson Benelux was able to provide a better customer experience, improve operational excellence, and transform employee experience by enabling frontline store workers with an Employee SuperApp.
#2: Improve Communication & Collaboration
An Employee SuperApp can enhance an organization’s employee communications and collaboration by providing various project collaboration capabilities, chat and messaging features, a targeted news feed so that information is always relevant, document sharing and collaboration features, and much more. Most of these things are probably not accessible for frontline workers in your organization today.
With an Employee SuperApp, you can dramatically improve your internal communications. You ensure that employees are equipped with the information they need, when they need it. This enables a much stronger frontline employee experience, as employees feel empowered, equipped, and able to have a voice.
A few ways an Employee SuperApp can improve communication & collaboration:
- Eliminate information silos and keep everyone on the same page.
- Increase transparency and accountability across different teams.
- Create group/team-specific work collaboration spaces.
- Communicate in real-time, eliminating lengthy email chains and in-person meetings.
- Share and collaborate on documents in real-time with multiple people.
- Leverage the News Feed to receive targeted and relevant communications.
- Build a close-knit workplace community by reacting & commenting on messages.
Read more about how an Employee SuperApp can help you fix frontline employee communication.
#3: Simplify Training & Development
An Employee SuperApp can greatly enhance the training and development of personnel. With mobile training, you ensure that employees have instant access to the information needed to learn while on the job.
Frontline employees in many companies can only access training from a shared computer, making it difficult to manage. A better system for this is one of the many simple things that frontline employees want which most companies do not provide.
A few other ways an Employee SuperApp can simplify employee training and onboarding:
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and collaboration across teams.
- Provide instant access to learning resources from the mobile app.
- Offer progress tracking and gamification to motivate learning progress.
- Ensure organizational compliance with industry standards.
- Track & offer re-certification to employees who need a refresh on a specific skill.
Calculate Your Company’s ROI
Want to learn some of the ROI you can receive when implementing MangoApps?
In this whitepaper, we give a detailed ROI breakdown on a case-by-case basis.
#4: Boost Employee Engagement & Build A Strong Community
The fourth way an Employee SuperApp can benefit the frontline employee experience is by boosting employee engagement. A SuperApp provides the framework for your organization to build a strong workplace community. This can lead to positive employee satisfaction, which ultimately contributes to better retention rates and a more positive company culture.
A few ways an Employee SuperApp can boost employee engagement:
- Employee Directory & Org Chart – Bring people together and connect employees with colleagues they haven’t gotten the chance to meet
- Discussion & Interest Groups – Create spaces for employees to communicate and share interests, hobbies, and more.
- Enhanced Communication – Employees can receive tailored comms that are relevant to their job and can chime in when needed.
- Recognize Your Colleagues – Giving kudos and recognition to employees who do phenomenal work is a great way to motivate frontline team members.
- Employee Feedback – Listen to your employees and gather critical feedback from Polls & Surveys. This will help gauge employee sentiment and allow you to respond accordingly.
- Celebrate Special Moments – Celebrate important milestones with colleagues – whether it’s a workplace anniversary, birthday, or something else.
A Better Frontline Employee Experience
Hopefully, you can see how having a unified mobile app for your employee-facing resources can vastly improve the experience of your frontline team members.
MangoApps – The Employee SuperApp
MangoApps is the ultimate Employee SuperApp for organizations with a frontline workforce.
With MangoApps, you’re able to give 100% of your workforce all the tools they need in one employee app to increase productivity, improve retention, and boost employee engagement.
MangoApps is customizable and offers a wide range of unique functionalities aimed at solving any business need.
To learn more about how MangoApps can help your organization, or how you can take advantage of all the benefits that Employee SuperApps have to offer, book a demo or schedule a call with our team today!