Before we dive into what an Employee SuperApp is, let’s first go over the term ‘SuperApp’.
A SuperApp is a mobile application with many different micro-apps, tools, and services within one platform. SuperApps can consolidate and replace multiple apps within a single tool for the user.
The general advantages of a SuperApp consist of:
- Improved convenience – As more services & tools become digitized, co-locating new functionalities into a single app is becoming much easier.
- Instant usability – Users can access services and tools whenever a need arises without having to juggle a dozen different apps.
- Enhanced experience – By keeping services and tools personalized, users are able to receive an engaging and productive experience.
As the need to reduce friction across a user’s digital experience continues to grow, we are seeing the average consumer incorporate SuperApps into their daily lives. A prime example of this is the popular ride-share app, Uber.
Uber offers its users a central app where they can go to access ride-sharing, food delivery, and package delivery services. It solves a present need and lets users access the different services they need without leaving the app.
What Is An Employee SuperApp?
It is clear that mobile devices are the most popular way for people to get their information. On average, approximately 70% of smartphone users check their phones within 10 minutes of receiving a notification.
Organizations must listen to the data and meet your employees where they are – hence the need for an Employee SuperApp.
An Employee SuperApp is just like a regular SuperApp, except meant for work. It focuses on unifying the tools and resources employees use in their daily work life, particularly on the frontline.
Think of it as a swiss army knife for your frontline employee’s digital workplace needs. It includes all of the services and tools your employees need daily, all rolled into one singular platform.
The goal of an Employee SuperApp is to give your organization a tool that can be customized to your needs.
At MangoApps, we’ve seen a wide range of unique use cases. However, a majority of our customers generally use Employee SuperApps to achieve some combination of Employee Communications, Employee Engagement, Work Collaboration, Content Management, and Training & Learning.
With a single mobile app for all these things, you empower frontline employees with better access to company resources.
Whitepaper – Employee SuperApps
Want to eliminate information chaos and provide your workers with a unified employee experience?
In this whitepaper, we give a detailed breakdown of why Employee SuperApps are becoming increasingly popular among frontline organizations.
5 Ways This Can Benefit Your Organization
- Reach Every Employee – Get company news and other messages out to everyone on the channels they prefer. That means better access for frontline teams, and less disruption for desk workers.
- Centralize Your Company Content – Save time and promote efficiency with flexible, searchable repositories of content and knowledge.
- Bring Collaboration into the Open – Collaborate in team workspaces, so projects get done quickly and don’t fall through the cracks.
- Make Every Employee Feel Heard – Keep your team happy and engaged by giving everyone a voice and recognition.
- Connect Every Employee To Learning – Bring out the best in your team with learning resources that are always available.
Read more about the benefits of an employee superapp.
Why These Apps Are Important
There are many tools and applications that employees need to access on a daily basis to effectively do their jobs. Any given employee has multiple needs. Without a SuperApp, those needs will likely translate into having to switch back and forth across employee applications.
Switching across separate employee apps to solve unique business needs is an incredibly inefficient process and poses a massive problem.
With multiple employee apps, your organization is opening itself up to a litany of potential risks, including:
Siloed Systems – When work is done across separate tools it raises the risk of information being siloed. This can lead to duplicated work or important stakeholders missing out on information they should’ve been privy to.
Information Overload – Too many tools and apps can become a burden on employees. People waste a lot of time learning the ins and outs of many complex tools and apps.
Loss of Productivity – Diminished productivity is inevitable when employees are spending a large chunk of their day bouncing across applications.
Increased Demand on IT – Multiple employee apps means multiple systems and tools your IT has to manage and navigate. This alone can become a full-time job and pulls your IT department away from working on more impactful projects.
How An Employee SuperApp Benefits Your Workforce
For frontline employees, an Employee SuperApp will:
- Fill in the technological gap caused by inadequate systems.
- Connect your frontline workforce with the resources and tools they need within one application.
- Add self-service tools to reduce the burden on IT, drive operational excellence, and improve employee productivity.
- Integrate with complex systems to reduce the digital friction associated with bouncing across different tools.
- Deliver a simpler mobile-first frontline employee experience that connects and engages workers in a way that was not previously possible.
For a corporate/hybrid workforce, an Employee SuperApp will:
- Consolidate and secure the ‘front door’ access to siloed systems and tools that employees use on a day-to-day basis.
- Reduce information overload of irrelevant communications by providing intelligently prioritized notifications, so that employees only see what’s relevant to them.
- Provide a simpler mobile-first experience to your backend system.
- Allow employees to get the information they need without having to switch across different apps.
- Improve engagement as employees are equipped with a sustainable and effective digital workplace experience.
For more related reading, watch our webinar on what frontline employees actually want, read tips for boosting frontline employee engagement, or see our customer stories from TeamHealth, PetSmart, and CBHA.
MangoApps – The Ultimate Employee SuperApp
MangoApps is the ultimate Employee SuperApp for organizations with a frontline workforce.
With MangoApps, you’re able to give 100% of your workforce all the tools they need in one employee app. This can increase productivity, improve retention, and boost employee engagement.
MangoApps is customizable and offers a wide range of unique functionalities aimed at solving any business need.
To learn more about how MangoApps can help your organization, book a demo or schedule a call with our team today!